Thursday, August 20, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home Court Update

New Twist as IG Tells Court Missing Abdiaziz Duba Molu ‘Zizou’ , Was Abducted by Unknown Assailants

State says investigations point to an abduction by unknown assailants, while family insists the missing Kiamaiko activist is being held by security agencies.

Bramuel Wanzala by Bramuel Wanzala
July 2, 2026
in Court Update
0
New Twist as IG Tells Court Missing Abdiaziz Duba Molu ‘Zizou’ , Was Abducted by Unknown Assailants

The Inspector General of Police has opposed a habeas corpus application over the disappearance of Kiamaiko activist Abdiaziz Duba Molu, saying investigations indicate he was abducted by unknown individuals.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

The State has opposed a habeas corpus application seeking the production of missing man Abdiaziz Duba Molu, arguing before the High Court that ongoing investigations indicate he was allegedly abducted by unknown individuals and is not in police custody.

Appearing for the Inspector General of Police, lawyer Thande Kuria told the court that investigations began after a missing person report was lodged at Juja Farm Police Station on June 24, 2026, by Abdiaziz’s brother, Ramadhan Duba Molu.

Related posts

Supreme Court Halts Recovery of Sh1.5bn Ruaraka Schools Compensation and Investigations Against Those Involved

Supreme Court Halts Recovery of Sh1.5bn Ruaraka Schools Compensation and Investigations Against Those Involved

August 20, 2026
Gatoto School Transition: Court Asked to Protect 1,800 Pupils From Disruption

Gatoto School Transition: Court Asked to Protect 1,800 Pupils From Disruption

August 20, 2026

Kuria said the investigating officer’s affidavit shows that Abdiaziz had entered into a land purchase agreement with Boniface Ndirangu Kariuki for a 30-by-80-foot parcel in Juja Farm. According to the affidavit, the agreed purchase price was KSh4.55 million, of which KSh4.05 million had allegedly been paid to Boniface’s wife.

The court heard that on June 23, 2026, Abdiaziz visited the land in the company of five other people aboard a Mazda CX-5, registration number KDX 438T. The occupants included Boniface ndirangu Kariuki, architect Samson Chege, Bakari Hemedi Kemani, Douglas Muchiri Wambugu and a man identified as Fino alias Njuguna.

According to Kuria, witness statements indicate the group was at the site so that an architect could take measurements for the construction of a precast perimeter fence. He added that an independent neighbour, Christopher Kariuki Mwaura, confirmed seeing the six men at the property and verified that the land belonged to Boniface.

The State further told the court that statements recorded from the occupants of the vehicle indicate they were intercepted by another vehicle carrying several individuals, some of whom had concealed their faces while others appeared to be dressed in police uniforms.

“The witnesses stated that Abdiaziz was singled out, forced into the other vehicle and driven away to an unknown destination,” Kuria submitted.

He further told the court that investigators had established that no police operation targeting Abddaziz had been conducted within the jurisdiction of Juja Farm or Juja police stations on the day he disappeared. Kuria said Boniface Kariuki had since become a person of interest in the investigations, prompting detectives to obtain custodial orders from the Thika Chief Magistrate’s Court to detain him for ten days to facilitate investigations into the alleged abduction.

He said the matter is scheduled for mention on July 7, 2026.

The State urged the court to dismiss the habeas corpus application, arguing that the legal threshold had not been met because there was no evidence that Abdiaziz was being held by the police or any State agency.

Kuria asked the court to allow investigators to continue with the ongoing probe and, if necessary, direct the investigating officer to provide periodic updates on its progress.

However, lawyer Noordeen Khagai, appearing for Abdiaziz’s family, faulted the State’s response, arguing that it had failed to comply with the court’s orders requiring security agencies to account for the missing man’s whereabouts. Khagai told the court that although the State claimed Abdiaziz was not being held at any police station in Juja or Kiambu, it had failed to produce Occurrence Book (OB) extracts from the relevant stations to support that assertion.

He further argued that while the State maintained investigations were ongoing, it had not filed any investigation report detailing the progress made since the missing person report was recorded. Khagai maintained that the affidavit sworn by Abdiaziz’s brother clearly explains the circumstances under which the missing man was allegedly taken away and insisted the family still believes he is in police custody.

He also challenged the evidentiary value of the State’s replying affidavit, saying it contained no annexures to substantiate the claims made by the respondents.

The High Court is expected to determine whether the habeas corpus application should proceed or whether detectives should be allowed additional time to conclude investigations into Abdiaziz Duba Molu’s disappearance.

Previous Post

High Court Dismisses Kenya Railways Bid to Evict Muthurwa Estate Residents

Next Post

Fresh Evidence Emerges in Nine-Year Murder Trial Against Doctor as Khaminwa Seeks DPP’s Intervention

Bramuel Wanzala

Bramuel Wanzala

Bramuel Wanzala is a journalist and digital media practitioner specializing in court reporting and public interest stories. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Media and Communication and has worked with Radio Citizen and The Standard. He currently reports for Court Helicopter News.

Next Post
Fresh Evidence Emerges in Nine-Year Murder Trial Against Doctor as Khaminwa Seeks DPP’s Intervention

Fresh Evidence Emerges in Nine-Year Murder Trial Against Doctor as Khaminwa Seeks DPP's Intervention

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Court Update

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado Asks for Non-Custodial Sentence in Sharon Otieno Murder Case

by CH Reporter
August 18, 2026
0

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado has asked the High Court to consider giving him a non-custodial sentence following his conviction...

Obado, Co-Convicts Await Pre-Sentence Reports Ahead of Sharon Otieno Murder Sentencing

August 18, 2026
Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026
Court Faults Withdrawal of Justice Mugambi’s Security After Masengeli Contempt Ruling

Court Faults Withdrawal of Justice Mugambi’s Security After Masengeli Contempt Ruling

August 20, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026
Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

August 19, 2026
LSK condemns fuel price hikes, demands urgent review and transparency

LSK Orders Misconduct Review of MPs Kaguchia, Kaluma Over Recent Remarks

August 19, 2026

3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation

August 18, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Supreme Court Halts Recovery of Sh1.5bn Ruaraka Schools Compensation and Investigations Against Those Involved
  • Gatoto School Transition: Court Asked to Protect 1,800 Pupils From Disruption
  • Gatoto School’s New Owners Ordered To Pay 3 Police Officers Guarding The School During This Transition

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

Supreme Court Halts Recovery of Sh1.5bn Ruaraka Schools Compensation and Investigations Against Those Involved

Supreme Court Halts Recovery of Sh1.5bn Ruaraka Schools Compensation and Investigations Against Those Involved

August 20, 2026
Gatoto School Transition: Court Asked to Protect 1,800 Pupils From Disruption

Gatoto School Transition: Court Asked to Protect 1,800 Pupils From Disruption

August 20, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.