Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home News

Court declines to stop Sakaja’s school feeding programme

CH Reporter by CH Reporter
August 1, 2023
in News
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

Related posts

Lawyer Omari Demands for President Ruto’s Statement in Chuka Law Student Cyber Harassment Case

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026

Nairobi Governor Johnson Sakaja got a major win after the high court declined to suspend the County’s school feeding programme dubbed ‘Dishi Na County’.

Justice Mugure Thande declined to issue conservatory orders stopping the programme saying it would not be in the best interest of the child.

Judge Thande said even though the constitutionality of the feeding programme has been challenged in court, the best interest of the child should be paramount at this stage.

In the case, a lobby group moved to court last month challenging the constitutionality of the programme that was launched by President William Ruto.

Tunza Mtoto Coalition argues that the school feeding programme should be under the national government and not the country government as has been.

However, Sakaja through lawyers Duncan Okatch and Elias Mutuma opposed the case urging the court not to grant conservatory orders.

It was their argument that suspending the feeding programme would deny over 250,000 pupils the opportunity to enjoy a mean in school.

The court was also told that should it halt the feeding programme, over 289 Kenyans who have been employed in the ongoing programme will lose their jobs and go home without pay.

Last month, Sakaja signed a partnership deal with Education CS Ezekiel Machogu to transfer the feeding programe from the national government to the County.

The County has said it will cost Sh5 for school children in public schools and ECDEs within Nairobi to get free meals in the next financial year 2023-24.

The case will be mentioned on September 23.

Previous Post

Kimwarer Arror Dams case adjourned

Next Post

Mumias Sugar Company gets new administrator amid management rows

CH Reporter

CH Reporter

Next Post

Mumias Sugar Company gets new administrator amid management rows

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Court Update

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado Asks for Non-Custodial Sentence in Sharon Otieno Murder Case

by CH Reporter
August 18, 2026
0

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado has asked the High Court to consider giving him a non-custodial sentence following his conviction...

Obado, Co-Convicts Await Pre-Sentence Reports Ahead of Sharon Otieno Murder Sentencing

August 18, 2026
Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026
Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

August 13, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026
Rigathi Gachagua Seeks Compensation, Nullification of Impeachment in Court Battle

Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

August 17, 2026

Blogger Gaitho Charged for Alleged False Tweet Against Police in Kware Killings’ Case.

July 18, 2024
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • 3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation
  • High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat
  • Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation

August 18, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.