Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home News

Desire wins yet again as court suspends implementation of consent paying Kirimi Koome’s lawyers 74 M.

CH Reporter by CH Reporter
January 3, 2024
in News
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

Rwandan Investor Desire Muhinyuza has won yet again against businessman Kirimi Koome as the court suspended the implementation of a consent that was to pay Koome’s lawyers 74 M.

Justice Alfred Mabeya on Wednesday issued the stay orders after Desire Lawyers filed an application seeking for stay of the implementation of the consent pending hearing of the application.

Related posts

Lawyer Omari Demands for President Ruto’s Statement in Chuka Law Student Cyber Harassment Case

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026

“THAT exparte and pending the hearing and determination of this application this Honourable Court be pleased to issue an order of injunction temporarily staying the implementation of the consent orders issued on the 30 October 2023 directing the Manager of United Bank of Africa Westlands Branch to transfer from Stay Online Limited’s US Dollar Account 55010130016529 the sum of kshs.35,500,000 plus accrued interests to Omwanza & Areba Associates Advocates and the sum of kshs.38,800,000 plus accrued interest to Ivy Ateko Ingati respectively,” the order reads

Lawyer Shadrack Wambui told court that Lawyers Omwanza Nyamweya and Ivy Ateko had directed the bank to pay into their accounts a total sum of Sh 74 M as legal fees for representing StayOnline.

Wambui asked the court for stay saying Omwanza had already written to the bank to effect the consent.

Lawyer Danstan Omari said the consent and the letter by Omwanza was only meant to steal the millions of money from StayOnline Ltd.

Omwanza had asked the court to preserve the funds pending the hearing and determination of the application arguing that if stay is issued then the money will be withdrawn.

However, the court while giving directions allowed the prayer for stay and did not give any preservation orders.

In court papers filed in court, Desire through his lawyer Omari claims that the consent was stage managed by the Lawyers Omwanza and Ateko alongside Raphael Olwako on behalf of Stayonline.

Omari has asked the court to review the consent informing court that Olwako is not the director of the company in question and it was all a scheme to unlawfully withdraw the money held by the company in the guise of legal fees.

According to application, Omwanza and Ateko failed to disclose to court that there were proceedings active in court on the ownership dispute between Desire and Koome.

On Wednesday last week, Justice Mabeya issued a landmark ruling giving stayonline ltd to Desire as the bonafide beneficial owner.

Previous Post

Final results are out: Omari 2-Ombeta 0 as StayOnline dispute ownership case comes to a close.

Next Post

Tough rules set out for Visa free travel even as its implementation officially kicks off.

CH Reporter

CH Reporter

Next Post

Tough rules set out for Visa free travel even as its implementation officially kicks off.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Court Update

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado Asks for Non-Custodial Sentence in Sharon Otieno Murder Case

by CH Reporter
August 18, 2026
0

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado has asked the High Court to consider giving him a non-custodial sentence following his conviction...

Obado, Co-Convicts Await Pre-Sentence Reports Ahead of Sharon Otieno Murder Sentencing

August 18, 2026
Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026
Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

August 13, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026
Rigathi Gachagua Seeks Compensation, Nullification of Impeachment in Court Battle

Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

August 17, 2026

3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation

August 18, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid
  • 3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation
  • High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

August 19, 2026

3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation

August 18, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.