Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home Court Update

Boniface Mwangi Threatens Alai with KSh50 Million Defamation Suit Over Facebook Post

Presidential candidate accuses Kileleshwa MCA Robert Alai of sharing a fake post and demands its removal, apology, and damages within 24 hours.

Bramuel Wanzala by Bramuel Wanzala
June 25, 2026
in Court Update
0
Boniface Mwangi Threatens Alai with KSh50 Million Defamation Suit Over Facebook Post

Boniface Mwangi has issued a legal demand to Kileleshwa MCA Robert Alai, accusing him of sharing a fake and defamatory social media post.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

Activist and presidential candidate Boniface Mwangi has issued a legal demand to Kileleshwa MCA Robert Alai, accusing him of publishing defamatory and false information on social media and threatening legal action unless the content is removed and an apology issued.

In a letter dated June 24, 2026, Mwangi’s lawyers, James Njeri and Company Advocates, allege that Alai published a Facebook post on June 23, 2026, containing a screenshot of a social media post falsely attributed to Mwangi. The publication was accompanied by the caption, “You die. They earn,” which the lawyers argue portrayed Mwangi in a highly negative and damaging light.

Related posts

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

August 17, 2026
“Safaricom ‘Stole’ My M-Teen Idea”: Court Slams Safaricom With Sh1.4 Billion Copyright Judgment

High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares

August 17, 2026

According to the letter, Alai shared the material on his official Facebook page, which reportedly has more than 795,000 followers. Mwangi’s legal team contends that the publication was made without any effort to verify the authenticity of the screenshot before it was disseminated to the public.

“It has recently come to our attention of a Facebook post published by you on your official Facebook page with over 795,000 followers,” the advocates wrote. They state that the publication targeted their client and included a screenshot of a post allegedly authored by him.

The lawyers argue that the screenshot was fabricated and that even minimal due diligence would have revealed that the purported post did not originate from any of Mwangi’s social media platforms.

“Your publication was made without making any effort to determine the veracity of the screenshot, which was actually a fake post falsely attributed to our client,” the letter states.

The advocates further note that by the time they wrote the demand letter, the post had already gained significant attention online, attracting more than 300 comments. According to the lawyers, many of those comments were hostile and damaging to Mwangi’s reputation and standing in society. The legal team says the publication suggested that Mwangi was linked to an entity known as the Social Change Warriors Fund. However, they insist that their client has never made any post referencing such a fund and has no knowledge of its existence.

“Mr. Mwangi did not author any post referencing the Social Change Warriors Fund, and it does not appear anywhere on his social media accounts,” the advocates wrote.

They added that Mwangi is unaware of any organization operating under that name and has never been associated with it in any way.

“Our client is not aware of any fund known as the Social Change Warriors Fund, and he has no affiliation with any such fund. He has also never been invited to any reception by the said fund, nor has he received any correspondence from the said organisation,” the letter states.

The lawyers argue that the publication therefore amounted to the spread of false information and was intended to lower Mwangi’s reputation in the eyes of members of the public.

According to the demand letter, the caption attached to the post was particularly harmful because it implied that Mwangi profits from the deaths and suffering of Kenyans.

“By captioning the same, you have labelled our client before the public as a man whose trade is to procure financial benefit from the deaths of Kenyans,” the advocates wrote.

The legal team described the publication as “reckless, malicious, irresponsible and authored with nefarious intent,” arguing that it was designed to injure Mwangi’s reputation and public standing. Mwangi, a long-time governance activist and public commentator, has built a national profile through campaigns on accountability, corruption, and human rights. His lawyers contend that the allegations contained in the disputed publication strike at the core of his public image and credibility.

The advocates further claim that the publication has caused ongoing damage to Mwangi’s goodwill and standing among Kenyans.

“Your actions have led to continued damage to the reputation and goodwill of Boniface Mwangi, who enjoys the trust of the majority of Kenyans as a voice of the common mwananchi and a Presidential candidate,” the letter states.

As part of their demands, Mwangi’s lawyers have instructed Alai to immediately cease and desist from publishing or distributing content concerning their client. The letter specifically demands that Alai remove the disputed post within 24 hours of receiving the notice and delete any related content published across his social media platforms.

In addition, the lawyers are demanding a public apology and an admission of liability for the publication.

The advocates warn that failure to comply with the demands will trigger legal proceedings.

“Please be advised that failure to comply with this demand within 24 hours upon receipt of this letter will result in legal action against you,” the lawyers wrote.

The threatened litigation includes claims for defamation and damages amounting to KSh50 million, as well as recovery of legal costs and other expenses incurred in pursuing the matter. The advocates urged Alai to treat the matter with seriousness and urgency, emphasizing the potential legal and financial consequences of non-compliance.

As of the time the demand letter was issued, there was no public response from Alai regarding the allegations contained in the notice.
Whether the matter proceeds to court may depend on Alai’s response to the demands within the stipulated timeframe.

Previous Post

KMTC Wins Again as Judges Block Fresh Bid in Long-Running Public Land Dispute

Next Post

CJ Koome Urges IEBC to Crack Down on Political Violence Ahead of 2027 Elections

Bramuel Wanzala

Bramuel Wanzala

Bramuel Wanzala is a journalist and digital media practitioner specializing in court reporting and public interest stories. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Media and Communication and has worked with Radio Citizen and The Standard. He currently reports for Court Helicopter News.

Next Post
CJ Koome Urges IEBC to Crack Down on Political Violence Ahead of 2027 Elections

CJ Koome Urges IEBC to Crack Down on Political Violence Ahead of 2027 Elections

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders
News

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

by Vivian Navate
August 13, 2026
0

Inspector General of Police Douglas Kanja has directed that police officers who are on duty when a suspect dies in...

Petition Against Kenya Railways CEO Phillip Mainga Withdrawn a Day After Court Barred Him From Office

Petition Against Kenya Railways CEO Phillip Mainga Withdrawn a Day After Court Barred Him From Office

August 12, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026

Blogger Gaitho Charged for Alleged False Tweet Against Police in Kware Killings’ Case.

July 18, 2024
Rigathi Gachagua Seeks Compensation, Nullification of Impeachment in Court Battle

Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

August 17, 2026
High Court Dismisses Petition to Declare National Prayer Breakfast Unconstitutional, Orders Full Disclosure of Funding

Former AG James Karugu’s Sons Seek Reduction of Sh700,000 Bail in Share Fraud Case

August 12, 2026
Senate Moves to Court of Appeal to Overturn Sh50 Million Award to Gachagua

Senate Moves to Court of Appeal to Overturn Sh50 Million Award to Gachagua

August 14, 2026
Mary Wambui Fails to Stop Equity Bank Administration of Glee Hotel

Mary Wambui Fails to Stop Equity Bank Administration of Glee Hotel

August 14, 2026
Aquamist Wins Appeal After Court Finds Former Employee Failed to Prove Resignation Letter Was Forged

EABL Given 14 Days to Deposit Sh10 Million in Willis Raburu’s Steizon Dispute

August 13, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance
  • High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares
  • Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

August 17, 2026
“Safaricom ‘Stole’ My M-Teen Idea”: Court Slams Safaricom With Sh1.4 Billion Copyright Judgment

High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares

August 17, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

betcio   betcio   betcio   onwin   onwin   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   spinco   betebet   betebet   betebet   onwin   betebet   betebet   betgaranti   betganrati   betgaranti   spinco   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betebet   betebet   onwin   betebet   betebet   betebet   casibom   onwin   betpipo   marsbahis   grandpashabet   casibom