Thursday, August 20, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home News

Court suspends 47 B Dandora dumpsite tender awarded to Chinese firm by Sakaja

CH Reporter by CH Reporter
September 4, 2023
in News
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

Related posts

Lawyer Omari Demands for President Ruto’s Statement in Chuka Law Student Cyber Harassment Case

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026

The Environment Court on Monday suspended the Sh 47 B dandora dumpsite tender that had been awarded to a Chinese firm by Nairobi County.

The court has stopped the county from going forward with the construction of the multibillion Waste to Energy processing plant situated in Dandora.

Justice E. Wa Soto stopped the award This is after it issued orders stopping the award to build the plant awarded to China National Engineering Company pending hearing and determination a case filed in court.

In the case, a dandora resident Advin Mbae has challenged the awarding of the tender to the Chinese firm.

He claims that the dumpsite is still being operated by the county government of Nairobi in contravention of a court order and without observing the precautionary principles thus posing health threats.

“The Nairobi county did not carry out an environmental impact assessment on the said project before approving its sustainability on the earmarked site, “reads the court documents

He claims that the county has not enjoined the public to participate and further not conducted a feasible study .

Mbae has asked the court to observe and find that the County has violated the constitution and is likely to endanger the environment.

Through lawyer Kelvin Mwenda Gitari, Mbae claims that there are existing court orders issued where the county was ordered to decommission ad relocate the Dandora Dumpsite adding that the intention to put a waste Energy in the very same place is a breach of the said order.

Further the petitioner says that the project worth 47 million shillings is likely to suffer in the event the petition is not allowed.

“It is only fair that this court grants the injuction to stop the commesncemnt of the said project pending the hearing and determination of the application herein,”reads the papers

In 2021 the Environment and Land Court ordered that the dump site be closed and relocated away from Dandora by February 2022

After shutting it down, the court also ordered the then NMS director general Mohammed Badi to rehabilitate the dumpsite. He was also ordered to work the National Environment Management Authority (Nema) to put in place strategies to separate and recycle waste.

In April this year President William Ruto announced that the Dandora dumpsite which covers 30 acres will be converted into an energy city.

The matter will be mention for further diretions on the 23rd of this October this year.

Photo credit : Dandora landfill in Nairobi, Kenya. Photo by Duncan Moore/ UN Environment





DOWNLOAD PDF

Previous Post

Dubai based Gold company at centre of 102 M Gold scam challenges order that opened Amadi’s accounts.

Next Post

Naivasha court sets free two men serving a 7 year sentence for stealing a cow

CH Reporter

CH Reporter

Next Post

Naivasha court sets free two men serving a 7 year sentence for stealing a cow

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Court Update

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado Asks for Non-Custodial Sentence in Sharon Otieno Murder Case

by CH Reporter
August 18, 2026
0

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado has asked the High Court to consider giving him a non-custodial sentence following his conviction...

Obado, Co-Convicts Await Pre-Sentence Reports Ahead of Sharon Otieno Murder Sentencing

August 18, 2026
Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026
Court Faults Withdrawal of Justice Mugambi’s Security After Masengeli Contempt Ruling

Court Faults Withdrawal of Justice Mugambi’s Security After Masengeli Contempt Ruling

August 20, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026
Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

August 19, 2026
LSK condemns fuel price hikes, demands urgent review and transparency

LSK Orders Misconduct Review of MPs Kaguchia, Kaluma Over Recent Remarks

August 19, 2026

3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation

August 18, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • Supreme Court Halts Recovery of Sh1.5bn Ruaraka Schools Compensation and Investigations Against Those Involved
  • Gatoto School Transition: Court Asked to Protect 1,800 Pupils From Disruption
  • Gatoto School’s New Owners Ordered To Pay 3 Police Officers Guarding The School During This Transition

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

Supreme Court Halts Recovery of Sh1.5bn Ruaraka Schools Compensation and Investigations Against Those Involved

Supreme Court Halts Recovery of Sh1.5bn Ruaraka Schools Compensation and Investigations Against Those Involved

August 20, 2026
Gatoto School Transition: Court Asked to Protect 1,800 Pupils From Disruption

Gatoto School Transition: Court Asked to Protect 1,800 Pupils From Disruption

August 20, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.