Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home Court Update

NICCO Sacco Fights Licence Revocation as Tribunal Demands NTSA Compliance Report

Regulator says only six vehicles passed inspection while the sacco insists compliant buses should be allowed back on the road

Vivian Navate by Vivian Navate
June 24, 2026
in Court Update
0
NTSA Defends Revocation of NICCO Sacco Licence as Tribunal Orders Fleet to Remain Grounded

NICCO Sacco is seeking the restoration of its operating licence as a tribunal reviews vehicle inspection results and NTSA's compliance findings.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

The Transport Licensing Appeals Board has directed the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) to file a detailed compliance report on vehicles belonging to NICCO Sacco as a dispute over the revocation of the sacco’s operating licence intensifies.

The order followed arguments by both sides over whether the sacco had complied with earlier directions requiring vehicles flagged by the regulator to undergo inspection.

Related posts

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

August 17, 2026
“Safaricom ‘Stole’ My M-Teen Idea”: Court Slams Safaricom With Sh1.4 Billion Copyright Judgment

High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares

August 17, 2026

Appearing for NICCO Sacco, lawyer Danstan Omari told the tribunal that the sacco had complied with the orders by presenting vehicles for inspection, paying the required fees and filing affidavits to demonstrate compliance.

Omari argued that vehicles which had already met regulatory requirements should not remain grounded as inspections continue on the rest of the fleet.

“Those who have complied should not be punished because others are still undergoing the process,” he submitted.

For NTSA, Mary Kahumba opposed the application, saying the sacco had not fully complied with the tribunal’s orders. She told the board that only 46 of the 51 vehicles identified by the regulator had been presented for inspection and that just six had passed.

According to Kahumba, several vehicles failed inspection due to defects affecting roadworthiness and safety.

“Payment of inspection fees does not amount to compliance. The vehicles must be inspected and certified by the authority,” she said.

The tribunal questioned NTSA on the absence of a schedule showing which vehicles had passed inspection, which had failed and the specific reasons for non-compliance. Members of the board noted that the information was necessary to enable them make an informed decision on whether the revocation should remain in force.

Omari maintained that his clients were not seeking to have unroadworthy vehicles returned to service, insisting that any vehicle found unsafe should remain off the road.

“If the vehicles that have been presented are not fit to be on the road, this tribunal cannot impose them to be on the road. Neither will I push for them to be on the road,” he said.

He further accused NTSA of taking an overly harsh position against the sacco and urged the regulator to file its compliance report without further delay so the matter could be determined on the basis of verified inspection results.

After hearing both sides, the tribunal ordered NTSA to file and serve a schedule of compliance for NICCO Sacco’s fleet by the close of business on June 24, 2026.

The matter will be mentioned virtually on June 25, 2026, when the board is expected to give further directions after reviewing the regulator’s report.

Previous Post

Court Dismisses Bid by Charles Nyachae to Remove Stepmother from managing their estate

Next Post

KMTC Wins Again as Judges Block Fresh Bid in Long-Running Public Land Dispute

Vivian Navate

Vivian Navate

Vivian Navate is a passionate writer and court reporter based in Nairobi. A creative thinker and storyteller, she is deeply committed to justice, transparency, and delivering clear, insightful coverage of Kenya’s legal landscape.

Next Post
KMTC Wins Again as Judges Block Fresh Bid in Long-Running Public Land Dispute

KMTC Wins Again as Judges Block Fresh Bid in Long-Running Public Land Dispute

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders
News

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

by Vivian Navate
August 13, 2026
0

Inspector General of Police Douglas Kanja has directed that police officers who are on duty when a suspect dies in...

Petition Against Kenya Railways CEO Phillip Mainga Withdrawn a Day After Court Barred Him From Office

Petition Against Kenya Railways CEO Phillip Mainga Withdrawn a Day After Court Barred Him From Office

August 12, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026

Blogger Gaitho Charged for Alleged False Tweet Against Police in Kware Killings’ Case.

July 18, 2024
Rigathi Gachagua Seeks Compensation, Nullification of Impeachment in Court Battle

Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

August 17, 2026
High Court Dismisses Petition to Declare National Prayer Breakfast Unconstitutional, Orders Full Disclosure of Funding

Former AG James Karugu’s Sons Seek Reduction of Sh700,000 Bail in Share Fraud Case

August 12, 2026
Senate Moves to Court of Appeal to Overturn Sh50 Million Award to Gachagua

Senate Moves to Court of Appeal to Overturn Sh50 Million Award to Gachagua

August 14, 2026
Mary Wambui Fails to Stop Equity Bank Administration of Glee Hotel

Mary Wambui Fails to Stop Equity Bank Administration of Glee Hotel

August 14, 2026
Aquamist Wins Appeal After Court Finds Former Employee Failed to Prove Resignation Letter Was Forged

EABL Given 14 Days to Deposit Sh10 Million in Willis Raburu’s Steizon Dispute

August 13, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance
  • High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares
  • Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

August 17, 2026
“Safaricom ‘Stole’ My M-Teen Idea”: Court Slams Safaricom With Sh1.4 Billion Copyright Judgment

High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares

August 17, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

betcio   betcio   betcio   onwin   onwin   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   spinco   betebet   betebet   betebet   onwin   betebet   betebet   betgaranti   betganrati   betgaranti   spinco   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betebet   betebet   onwin   betebet   betebet   betebet   casibom   onwin   betpipo   marsbahis   grandpashabet   casibom