Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home News

Court declines to adopt 37-page consent in Nyachae Multi-billion estate dispute says it could delay matter for 40 years.

CH Reporter by CH Reporter
December 14, 2023
in News
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

Related posts

Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

August 13, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026

The high court on Thursday declined to adopt a 37-page DNA consent that has been filed in the late Simeon Nyachae’s Multi-billion estate dispute flagging it off as a delaying tactic.

In the case, an American woman Margaret Chweya has laid claim to the estate of the late minister saying she had three kids now adults for him and they should each have a share of their father’s property.

In this application, the Nyachae family through Lawyer George Muchiri filed a consent with 23 paragraphs stipulating the conditions for the DNA that is to be conducted on the three children who are all US citizens.

Muchiri had urged court to adopt the consent as is saying to them it was unopposed since that there was no response filed by Chweya’s lawyers

Lawyer Danstan Omari, Omayio Aranga and Brian Mabea said the application was too lengthy and Muchiri had included people who were not a party to the case to be in the DNA exercise.

“In the proposed consent Muchiri is bringing a lot issues which will end up taking us through another hearing which is not necessary,” Omayio said.

Justice Eric Ogolla agreed with Chweya’s lawyers saying the long consent will only lead into a hearing.

“A consent on DNA cannot in all fairness have 23 paragraphs this itself is another petition. DNA is not something that would require 37 pages to determine a consent of DNA,” the judge said.

The court said it had a feeling that the consent is meant to derail proceedings because the consent itself will result to another hearing and they will forget about the main hearing go to consent which will take another three years

“The respondents (Chweya) are justified, this is an application to delay this matter pure and simple we know how these estates run and this are tactics used by parties delay these matters to run for 10, 20, 30 to 40 years,” Judge Ogolla noted.

Justice Ogolla said they have files in their division running for 30 to 40 years and they start with this kind of applications.

“We can’t have a consent with 23 paragraphs on determination of DNA,” the court said

In his defence, Muchiri denied delaying the matter as suggested by court saying that was not the intention.

“My lord that is not case in fact my clients are pushing for the fast tracking of this matter and do regret the impression the consent is giving,” Muchiri said.

On his part, Omari suggested to court that they should proceed with the main substantive hearing while the question of the DNA will be lingering.

In his directions to court, Judge Ogolla said the substantive hearing which had already kicked off should resume as scheduled on January 23.

He gave time to Chweya’s lawyers to look at the consent and file their responses within 10 days.

Previous Post

Man who was arrested with 25 rolls of bhang on Jamuhuri day charged in court

Next Post

500 Njiru residents to get their day in court as they are enjoined in the Kirima land dispute cases as interested parties

CH Reporter

CH Reporter

Next Post

500 Njiru residents to get their day in court as they are enjoined in the Kirima land dispute cases as interested parties

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders
News

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

by Vivian Navate
August 13, 2026
0

Inspector General of Police Douglas Kanja has directed that police officers who are on duty when a suspect dies in...

Petition Against Kenya Railways CEO Phillip Mainga Withdrawn a Day After Court Barred Him From Office

Petition Against Kenya Railways CEO Phillip Mainga Withdrawn a Day After Court Barred Him From Office

August 12, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026

Blogger Gaitho Charged for Alleged False Tweet Against Police in Kware Killings’ Case.

July 18, 2024
Rigathi Gachagua Seeks Compensation, Nullification of Impeachment in Court Battle

Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

August 17, 2026
High Court Dismisses Petition to Declare National Prayer Breakfast Unconstitutional, Orders Full Disclosure of Funding

Former AG James Karugu’s Sons Seek Reduction of Sh700,000 Bail in Share Fraud Case

August 12, 2026
Senate Moves to Court of Appeal to Overturn Sh50 Million Award to Gachagua

Senate Moves to Court of Appeal to Overturn Sh50 Million Award to Gachagua

August 14, 2026
Mary Wambui Fails to Stop Equity Bank Administration of Glee Hotel

Mary Wambui Fails to Stop Equity Bank Administration of Glee Hotel

August 14, 2026
Aquamist Wins Appeal After Court Finds Former Employee Failed to Prove Resignation Letter Was Forged

EABL Given 14 Days to Deposit Sh10 Million in Willis Raburu’s Steizon Dispute

August 13, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance
  • High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares
  • Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

August 17, 2026
“Safaricom ‘Stole’ My M-Teen Idea”: Court Slams Safaricom With Sh1.4 Billion Copyright Judgment

High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares

August 17, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

betcio   betcio   betcio   onwin   onwin   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   spinco   betebet   betebet   betebet   onwin   betebet   betebet   betgaranti   betganrati   betgaranti   spinco   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betebet   betebet   onwin   betebet   betebet   betebet   casibom   onwin   betpipo   marsbahis   grandpashabet   casibom