Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home News

Blow for Super Metro Buses as Tribunal Reinstates Earlier Suspension by NTSA.

CH Reporter by CH Reporter
April 15, 2025
in News
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

In today’s court news, Super Metro buses got a major blow after the Transport Licensing Appeals Board reinstated earlier orders suspending the operation of Super Metro buses.

Tribunal Chair Adrian Kamotho while reinstating the order said the buses should comply with NTSA directives.

Related posts

Lawyer Omari Demands for President Ruto’s Statement in Chuka Law Student Cyber Harassment Case

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026

“That in the interim, pending compliance with the respondent’s directive dated 18th March 2025, the suspension of the appellant’s operations is hereby reinstated,” the order reads

This decision followed a hearing in which the tribunal noted that 269 Super Metro drivers were unqualified, while 42 others had been flagged for overspeeding violations.

As a result, the tribunal has ordered all affected drivers to be presented at the Likoni Driver Testing Centre for retesting.

Further, the company must present 31 vehicles—identified with compliance inspection issues—to the designated inspection centre.

Speaking on the matter, Tribunal Chairman Adrian Kamotho emphasized that the Sacco must ensure all its drivers meet stringent safety and qualification standards before the suspension can be lifted.

“Public safety is paramount,” Kamotho said, highlighting the need for strict adherence to speed limits and immediate corrective action.

He further noted that Super Metro had failed to provide evidence showing its drivers had undergone proper training in road safety protocols, customer service, and respectful interaction with other road users.

The tribunal in the order has maintained that the suspension will remain in place until Super Metro can provide verifiable proof of compliance with the outlined directives.

The case is scheduled for mention on 17 April 2025 to confirm compliance and provide further directions.

Previous Post

ODPP Set to Begin Trial of Trade Sense Manager Accused of Misappropriating Over Ksh 212 Million

Next Post

Directors of Body by Design And Surgeon Released on Bail After Two Weeks in Remand.

CH Reporter

CH Reporter

Next Post

Directors of Body by Design And Surgeon Released on Bail After Two Weeks in Remand.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Court Update

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado Asks for Non-Custodial Sentence in Sharon Otieno Murder Case

by CH Reporter
August 18, 2026
0

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado has asked the High Court to consider giving him a non-custodial sentence following his conviction...

Obado, Co-Convicts Await Pre-Sentence Reports Ahead of Sharon Otieno Murder Sentencing

August 18, 2026
Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026
Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

August 13, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026
Rigathi Gachagua Seeks Compensation, Nullification of Impeachment in Court Battle

Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

August 17, 2026

Blogger Gaitho Charged for Alleged False Tweet Against Police in Kware Killings’ Case.

July 18, 2024
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • 3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation
  • High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat
  • Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation

August 18, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.