Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home News

Court orders family who trespassed on neighbour’s land to exhume kin’s body buried 5 years ago

CH Reporter by CH Reporter
August 7, 2023
in News
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

Related posts

Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

August 13, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026

A family in Oyugis has been ordered to exhume the body of their late son buried 5 years ago after court found that the land did not belong to them.

In the case, two neighbours have been in court for years fighting on who was the real owner of the said land.

The court has ordered for the exhumation of Odhiambo Oruko who was buried five years ago after finding that the land belonged to Macbeth Ogada’s family.

Ogada had sued Teresia Oyugi and Silvanus Ogal as the family members of the late Oruko.

Principal Magistrate Celesa Okore said the body of the late Odhiambo Oruko should be exhumed within the next 15 days.

The Ministry of Health Officer in charge of Homabay County has been ordered to facilitate and issue relevant permits for exhumation of the body for reburial elsewhere

The OCS Kendubay has also been ordered to facilitate, supervise and ensure compliance with the orders.

The court has further ordered the family to pay Ogada Sh 200,000 as compensation for trespassing in his land for over 12 years.

Macbeth had argued that the land belonged to his late father Samwel Yugi and the Oruko’s forcefully entered the land and buried their late son.

He told court that the high court had already ruled on the matter saying that the disputed land belonged to his father.

However, the Oruko’s maintained that they are the real owners of the land and had acquired it through inheritance. They are claiming the land through adverse possession saying they have occupied it for over 12 years.

However, the court found that that the Oyugi’s failed to demonstrate that they are the true owners of the disputed land.

The court ruled that they did not demonstrate to its satisfaction that their stay on the land was peaceful as they had alleged noting that Ogada had produced papers to show that they opposed their stay there.

“They failed to do that and it is clear that even with the applications that sought to stop the burial of the Odhiambo Oriko, their occupation of the land was challenged and interrupted by Ogada” the court ruled.

The court further ruled that it was clear from the evidence that Ogada is legally and procedurally better placed to own or lay claim on the said land as opposed to the Oyugi’s.

It was also the court’s finding that there was overwhelming evidence to show that the Oyugi’s have denied Ogada quiet possession of the land and have continued to trespass and forcefully occupy it hence prejudicing him and his family.

“The Oyugi’s and his assignees must be stopped and restrained from giving Ogada sleepless nights” the court ruled.





DOWNLOAD PDF

Previous Post

EX County official in Ojaamong’s fraud case denies defrauding County

Next Post

Nyamira MCA Elijah Osiemo dies in grisly road accident  

CH Reporter

CH Reporter

Next Post

Nyamira MCA Elijah Osiemo dies in grisly road accident  

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders
News

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

by Vivian Navate
August 13, 2026
0

Inspector General of Police Douglas Kanja has directed that police officers who are on duty when a suspect dies in...

Petition Against Kenya Railways CEO Phillip Mainga Withdrawn a Day After Court Barred Him From Office

Petition Against Kenya Railways CEO Phillip Mainga Withdrawn a Day After Court Barred Him From Office

August 12, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026

Blogger Gaitho Charged for Alleged False Tweet Against Police in Kware Killings’ Case.

July 18, 2024
Rigathi Gachagua Seeks Compensation, Nullification of Impeachment in Court Battle

Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

August 17, 2026
High Court Dismisses Petition to Declare National Prayer Breakfast Unconstitutional, Orders Full Disclosure of Funding

Former AG James Karugu’s Sons Seek Reduction of Sh700,000 Bail in Share Fraud Case

August 12, 2026
Senate Moves to Court of Appeal to Overturn Sh50 Million Award to Gachagua

Senate Moves to Court of Appeal to Overturn Sh50 Million Award to Gachagua

August 14, 2026
Mary Wambui Fails to Stop Equity Bank Administration of Glee Hotel

Mary Wambui Fails to Stop Equity Bank Administration of Glee Hotel

August 14, 2026
Aquamist Wins Appeal After Court Finds Former Employee Failed to Prove Resignation Letter Was Forged

EABL Given 14 Days to Deposit Sh10 Million in Willis Raburu’s Steizon Dispute

August 13, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance
  • High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares
  • Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

High Court Summons WPA Director Over Zizou Disappearance

August 17, 2026
“Safaricom ‘Stole’ My M-Teen Idea”: Court Slams Safaricom With Sh1.4 Billion Copyright Judgment

High Court Defers Judgment on Petition Seeking to Halt Sale of Safaricom Shares

August 17, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

betcio   betcio   betcio   onwin   onwin   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   spinco   betebet   betebet   betebet   onwin   betebet   betebet   betgaranti   betganrati   betgaranti   spinco   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betgaranti   betebet   betebet   onwin   betebet   betebet   betebet   casibom   onwin   betpipo   marsbahis   grandpashabet   casibom