Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home News

State asks court to preserve stay online 391 M as exhibits in Koome’s trial

CH Reporter by CH Reporter
October 23, 2023
in News
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

The state has asked the court to preserve Sh 391 million as exhibits in case where shrewd businessman Kirimi Koome has been charged with fraud.

Koome appeared in court today for the mention of his case and the miscellaneous file was closed and the pre-trial date set for November 7.

Related posts

Lawyer Omari Demands for President Ruto’s Statement in Chuka Law Student Cyber Harassment Case

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026

In the application filed in court, the DPP wants the court to preserve the money saying it would be prejudicial if the money is interfered with.

In the case, Koome was charged with several counts of theft and fraud for duping Rwandese investor Desire Muhinyuza.

The money is for Stay online ltd and its alleged that Desire used Koome to register it but he has now turned against him and refused to hand over the company valued at over Sh 400 million.

Last week he has secured orders at the high court freezing Stay online ltd accounts.

Muhinyuza has told court that he used Kirimi Koome to register the company in Kenyan because he did not have papers at the time but Koome has now refused to hand over the business which he did not contribute anything towards it.

On Monday Justice Alfred Mabeya allowed the application by Desire and froze the accounts pending hearing and determination of the case.

“THAT in the meantime, there shall be freezing orders on the Company’s account in terms of prayer no. (b) of the Motion,” the order reads in part.

The case will be mentioned on Monday next week for directions by the judge and in the meantime the court has directed desire to serve Koome and the registrar of companies.

Koome was arraigned in court on Thursday last week over the same issue but he was not charged as the plea was deferred to Tuesday this week.

Koome is facing among other charges conspiracy to defraud and its alleged that he conspired to steal from Desire 2.6 Million USD by falsely pretending that that he was the owner of the said funds.

Desire has told court that the money in question belongs to Merchants and not him so Koome does not have any claim to the said money he was only supposed to get a percentage from profits.

Koome has since withdrawn over Sh 15 million of the money without Desire’s consent even though he was a signatory to the account.

Previous Post

Widow of Pakistani journalist killed by police sues state over delayed investigation of his case.

Next Post

‘Fake’ Lawyers family asks court to release him on bail

CH Reporter

CH Reporter

Next Post

‘Fake’ Lawyers family asks court to release him on bail

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Court Update

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado Asks for Non-Custodial Sentence in Sharon Otieno Murder Case

by CH Reporter
August 18, 2026
0

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado has asked the High Court to consider giving him a non-custodial sentence following his conviction...

Obado, Co-Convicts Await Pre-Sentence Reports Ahead of Sharon Otieno Murder Sentencing

August 18, 2026
Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026
Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

August 13, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026

3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation

August 18, 2026
Rigathi Gachagua Seeks Compensation, Nullification of Impeachment in Court Battle

Gachagua moves to Court of Appeal seeking to Overturn His Impeachment

August 17, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • LSK Orders Misconduct Review of MPs Kaguchia, Kaluma Over Recent Remarks
  • 3 Treasury Officials And 6 Other Suspects Charged Over Ksh 1.5B PROFIT Misappropriation of Funds
  • Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

LSK condemns fuel price hikes, demands urgent review and transparency

LSK Orders Misconduct Review of MPs Kaguchia, Kaluma Over Recent Remarks

August 19, 2026
3 Treasury Officials And 6 Other Suspects Charged Over Ksh 1.5B PROFIT Misappropriation of Funds

3 Treasury Officials And 6 Other Suspects Charged Over Ksh 1.5B PROFIT Misappropriation of Funds

August 19, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.