Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Court Helicopter
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa
No Result
View All Result
Court Helicopter
Home News

DCI Denies Holding Missing Blogger Ndiangui, Dismisses Abduction Claims as Baseless

CH Reporter by CH Reporter
July 1, 2025
in News
0
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

Related posts

Lawyer Omari Demands for President Ruto’s Statement in Chuka Law Student Cyber Harassment Case

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026

The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) has denied arresting or detaining missing blogger Ndiangui Kinyagia, dismissing claims that he is being held incommunicado as “malicious, unfounded, and baseless.”

In response to a habeas corpus application filed by Kinyagia’s lawyers, the DCI filed a sworn affidavit through Sergeant Samuel Itegi, stating that the blogger is not in their custody. The affidavit further claims that efforts to trace and lawfully arrest him are ongoing.

“The 2nd respondent did not arrest the second petitioner. He is not in the hands of my client or in their custody,” the DCI’s lawyer told the court.

The affidavit outlines intelligence received on June 20, 2025, allegedly linking Kinyagia to social media posts inciting members of the public to storm and occupy State House an act the state considers a threat to national security under the Protected Areas Act.

DCI investigations claim the inciting content was posted on X (formerly Twitter) and included a protest timetable shared on June 19, 2025. The posts reportedly urged followers to participate in what were initially advertised as peaceful commemorations for young people who died during the June 25, 2024, demonstrations near Parliament.

According to the DCI, officers tracked the blogger to his residence in Kinoo but failed to find him. His phones were reportedly switched off. A search was conducted at his locked apartment on the night of June 21 under Section 60 of the National Police Service Act, which permits search without a warrant in certain circumstances.

During the operation, officers allegedly recovered laptops, phones, two Kenyan passports, and a vaccination certificate. The search was witnessed by the building’s caretaker, Jane Njango, who informed police that Kinyagia had left earlier that day in the company of one man and two unidentified women.

The DCI also revealed that several other suspects linked to the online posts have already been arrested and arraigned.

Despite the DCI’s denial, Kinyagia’s lawyers insist the blogger was unlawfully abducted by state agents and is being held without charge. They argue that the state must account for his whereabouts.

In court, the DCI urged Justice Chacha Mwita to dismiss the habeas corpus application and grant them more time to conclude investigations. “A complaint had been made and investigations are underway. We are seeking more time,” the court was told.

The matter remains before the High Court even as public concern grows over the blogger’s fate and the state’s handling of the case.

Previous Post

Karua Blasts DCI for Ignoring Court Orders in Ndiangui Disappearance

Next Post

Supreme Court Nullifies KPA License to Portside Freight in Landmark Ruling Sought by Omtatah

CH Reporter

CH Reporter

Next Post

Supreme Court Nullifies KPA License to Portside Freight in Landmark Ruling Sought by Omtatah

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BROWSE BY CATEGORIES

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

BROWSE BY TOPICS

#Safaricom #Sakaja Africa Creative Feature Human Rights IPOA Legal Today Maandamano Mathare News Populer sepulchral rights trend Video

POPULAR

Court Update

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado Asks for Non-Custodial Sentence in Sharon Otieno Murder Case

by CH Reporter
August 18, 2026
0

Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado has asked the High Court to consider giving him a non-custodial sentence following his conviction...

Obado, Co-Convicts Await Pre-Sentence Reports Ahead of Sharon Otieno Murder Sentencing

August 18, 2026
Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

Sharon Otieno’s Family Wants Obado to Give Them the House and Car He Had Promised Her Before Her Death.

August 18, 2026
High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

High Court Clears Magistrate Alego to Complete Chelogoi Criminal Trial Despite Transfer to ELRC

August 18, 2026
High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

High Court Reaffirms Gatoto School Ownership Orders, Summons DIG Lagat

August 18, 2026
Katiba Institute wants IG Kanja Jailed for erecting roadblocks despite existing orders

Kanja Orders Immediate Interdiction of Officers on Duty When Suspects Die in Custody

August 13, 2026
Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

Governor Kilonzo Calls for AI Regulations in Legal Practice, Warns Against Erosion of Rule of Law

August 13, 2026
Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

August 19, 2026

3 Treasury Officials Among 9 to Face Charges Over KSh1.5B Misappropriation

August 18, 2026
Court Helicopter

Court and legal stories from around the country

Follow us on social media:

Recent News

  • LSK Orders Misconduct Review of MPs Kaguchia, Kaluma Over Recent Remarks
  • 3 Treasury Officials And 6 Other Suspects Charged Over Ksh 1.5B PROFIT Misappropriation of Funds
  • Lawyer Angela Mulwa Released After Court Rejects 7-Day Detention Bid

Category

  • Africa
  • County
  • Court Update
  • Explainer
  • International
  • Interviews
  • News
  • Photo-Story
  • World News

Recent News

LSK condemns fuel price hikes, demands urgent review and transparency

LSK Orders Misconduct Review of MPs Kaguchia, Kaluma Over Recent Remarks

August 19, 2026
3 Treasury Officials And 6 Other Suspects Charged Over Ksh 1.5B PROFIT Misappropriation of Funds

3 Treasury Officials And 6 Other Suspects Charged Over Ksh 1.5B PROFIT Misappropriation of Funds

August 19, 2026

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Court Update
  • County
  • Explainer
  • Photo-Story
  • Interviews
  • International
  • Africa

© 2026 Court Helicopter. All rights reserved.